Because I’m known for LGBTQ-affirming work in Christian spaces, many of these resources and posts are aimed at a Christian audience. If you’d prefer, you can view only secular LGBTQ posts.
Newest LGBTQ videos and posts
I’ve been doing a whole video series on LGBTQ issues, including Bible/faith questions, what to do when your parents aren’t supportive, and lots more.
See the full list, or check out one of these recent videos:
- 7 tips for LGBTQ kids with unsupportive Christian parents
- Why that affirming Bible essay won’t change your mom’s mind
- How to respond to “ex-gay” claims
- 6 myths about bisexuality
Answers to common questions about gay Christians
- “Doesn’t the Bible say it’s a sin to be gay?”
- “Why do you have gay pride parades? We don’t have straight pride parades.”
- “Why do you have to tell people you’re gay? Can’t you keep it in the bedroom?”
- “Isn’t calling yourself a gay Christian like calling yourself an adulterous Christian?”
- “Shouldn’t your identity be in Christ, not your sexuality?” (Also see this follow up.)
The Bible and homosexuality
The Bible is important to me, and my study of it has influenced all the theology in my writings and videos. That said, if you’re looking for the simplest, most accessible explanation of what I believe and why, check out my book Torn: Rescuing the Gospel from the Gays-vs.-Christians Debate.
Want a deeper dive into “those passages”? Visit my Bible and Homosexuality page for videos and articles on the subject.
Popular blog posts from years past
Here are some of my most popular past posts on LGBTQ issues.